Friday, July 19, 2013

My Move and My Emotions

The last four years I have been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend Brian. Recently we have decided to change that. In September I will be packing up all my belongings and will move away from my home state of California to a whole new state, Washington! I have a lot of emotions going through my head with this change all of which I will talk about!

1. Afraid/Scared/Anxious- There are many reasons for this emotion. I'm scared because, like I said, I'll be moving away from the state I grew up in for 27 years of my life. My family lives here and I'll be moving away from them and it scares me to pieces! Another reason to be scared is because of the fact I've been in a long distance relationship for 4 yrs and we'll be seeing each other more often than just every few months! Sometimes it's very easy to wonder if we'll make it or not. Those are just a couple reasons but there are probably a couple more.

2. Brave/Confident/Hopeful- These emotions totally contradict my 1st emotion. I feel brave because I'm taking a risk and moving away to be with my boyfriend. I'm feeling confident and hopeful that our relationship will go the distance and in the end we'll be together forever and start a family of our own someday.

3. Curiosity- This is a weird one. Curiosity because I'll be living in a new state and just what kind of changes it will bring to me there.

4. Determined- Different reasons for this one. I'm determined to make my relationship with Brian work and I'm determined to do great things in my life while living there i.e. going to school and getting a degree.

5. Depressed/Sad - Depressed because I'll be moving away from my family and won't be seeing them that often anymore. I'm going to miss the friendships I created at my work. I'm going to definitely miss my home.

6. Excited- Excitement is definitely a big one. No longer will I have to endure being in a long distance relationship! Long distance has definitely been very tough on the both of us emotionally. I'm excited that I no longer have to deal with it anymore. I'm also excited for all the changes that will come in the months to come!

7. Happy- Happy that I no longer have to deal with long distance anymore. Happy that I'll get to see Brian as often as I like to and not have a computer to look at everyday.

I hope you all wish me luck on my new adventure. I'm very excited to be taking this risk and look forward to seeing what the future holds for me in my new state and in my relationship! :)

3 comments:

  1. 1. Moves are always a bit scary (new situations). The longer the move, the scarier it is.
    2. I'm glad you feel this way. I'm hopeful for us too.
    3. I'm so curious to see how you react to living in Washington and how you fit in at our store. You're going to love Washington. I promise you won't want to go back to California, other than to see relatives.
    4. You have to have determination in order for this to work. This will also help in both our efforts to get in better shape.
    5. We'll visit them as much as possible, I promise. We'll just need to get time off at the same time.
    6. I'm so excited too! This makes me just want to do anything to make us work.
    7. Isn't this the same as #6? They could at least be grouped together.

    I love you so much babe and I will forever be in your debt because you are moving for me... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yeah that's for sure. I remember being a bit scared when I moved from Grandma's to where I am now..although that's not the same thing lol!
    6/7. Yes it's the same...But also different...If you catch my drift...

    I love you too and you're welcome! Forever in my debt LOL! That means you OWE me an engagement ring! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Determination. Yup that is big when it comes to going the distance in a relationship.,.it is easy to be with someone when times are good but when times get challenging-that is where determination comes in handy.
    Although neither of you mentioned this, I hope and pray that you finalize this relationship with a more permanent and Godly outcome AND that you find a God-honoring church family.
    I love you hon, Mom

    ReplyDelete